Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lists

For many years it has been a hobby or habit of mine to write lists. Lists of "Things to Do" , shopping lists, prayer lists, lists of  things I have done, things I want to do, places I would like to go, books I have read, places I have been etc. David Letterman has his Top Ten Lists.  There are lists kept of who won the Super Bowl over the years. There are lists of who won Miss America. I decided that these are all lists of things that MAN has done and I wanted to make a list of what God has done. Obviously, God has done many more things than are on this list, but you get the idea. It is good for me to remind myself of what God has done in my life and in the lives of my family and friends.

Lists in the Bible of what God has done:

Genesis 1:1 God created the heaven and the earth
Exodus 15 The Song of Moses- Moses sings a list of things that God did for him. ie: I will sing unto the Lord , for he hath triumphed gloriously : the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
Luke 2 God gives us a saviour, his description of how he sent Jesus to be born on this earth
Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Acts 9  is a list of what happened to Saul (Paul)
Acts 16 is a list of what happend to Paul and Silas- God rescued them!
Psalm 105  O give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his nam, make known his deeds among the people. This Psalm is a list of many things God has done for many people, including Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Aaron and the children of Israel.
Psalm 106 is a list of  some of God's "mighty acts"

Some things God has done for my family and friends, I am so very thankful for :

1. Jesus saved my soul November 9, 1992
2. Jesus saved my mom in 1994.
3. He gave a great victory to me in 1996 in a custody battle of my daughter.
4. We almost lost our house in 2007 due to lack of work for my husband and the Lord gave him a job with just the right pay and just in time to pay the bill before they forclosed on us.
5.He gave us 6 healthy children.
6. He has answered many many many many many prayers.
7.God gave me a loving husband.
8.God did a miracle with our granddaughter Adyson, being born preemie at 22 weeks gestations and weighing 1 lb 5 oz at birth. She is now 1 year old and doing well.
9.God gave us a good church, Heritage Baptist Church in Post Falls Idaho
10. God gave us a loving church family.
11.God has given me some very special sisters in the Lord, that pray for me and encourage me to keep on doing right




No comments:

Dec08 whitestuff

Dec08 whitestuff

Followers of annas5bananas